10% OFF 6+ WINE BOTTLES (discount applied in cart) | FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $300 | SAME DAY DELIVERY IN PERTH CBD

Stargazer Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir 'Rada' 2023-Heritage Wine Store Perth CBD Bottleshop

Stargazer Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir 'Rada' 2023

Regular price $40.00

Unit price per 

only 5 left in stock

  • TASTING NOTE: Savoury and lifted on the nose, rosehip and hibiscus flower notes are married with some earthy mushroom characters. Wild strawberry fruit and a creamy texture fill out the mid palate, which continues onto fine grained tannin and a crunchy cherry pip acidity at the finish.
  • ABOUT THE WINE: Pinot Meunier was sourced from Pipers Brook, with the Pinot Noir coming from Coal River Valley. 90% of the fruit was destemmed, with the remaining 10% fermented as whole bunches. 40% of the Pinot Noir was co-fermented with the Pinot Meunier. Wild ferment, pressed to tank, then racked off to older Francois Freres and Ermitage French oak puncheons for five months of ageing on fine lees.
  • ABOUT THE PRODUCER: Stargazer pays tribute to Abel Tasman, who as an explorer and navigator spent a fair amount of time gazing towards the heavens. Tasman, a Dutchman under the employ of the United East India Company was the first European to sight Tasmania (on 24 November 1642) and then the South Island of New Zealand, nineteen days later on 13 December. Owner and winemaker Sarah Curnow fell in love with wine while working at a wine bar while finishing her law and arts degree in Christchurch, New Zealand. Travel and then further study in winemaking led to her working around the world including 10 years as the senior winemaker at Wirra Wirra in McLaren Vale. The Stargazer home vineyard is found in the Tea Tree subregion at the northern end of the Coal River Valley. Known as the Palisander vineyard it is planted with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Blanc, Gamay and Pinot Gris. Sarah and vineyard manager Bryn Williams are fervent believers in sustainable farming, biodiversity and regenerative agriculture. As part of their approach, they use sheep in the vineyard during winter for weed control, chickens free range throughout the year and scratch around for bugs, bees contribute their pollination magic (and honey) and since 2020, have planted over 1000 native species on the property.
  • COUNTRY: Australia
  • REGION: Pipers Brook & Coal River Valley, Tasmania
  • VARIETAL: Pinot Meunier 51%, Pinot Noir 49%
  • WINEMAKER: Samantha Connew
  • CLASSIFICATION: Sustainable Farming, Minimal Sulphites
  • CLOSURE: Screwcap
  • ABV%: 13.5%
  • SIZE: 750ml

FAQ

Open tab

FAQ

Q: I need help making a drink selection! Can you help?

A: Of course. Drop into the Wine Store or get in touch.

Q: What are my pickup options?

A: Select 'pickup' when you place your online order and you can collect anytime during our opening hours.

Pickup is available during our opening hours:

Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm

 Sundays, Mondays & Public Holidays: Closed

Q: Can someone else pickup my order?

A: Yes if they have your receipt. However all alcohol orders must be picked up by an individual 18 year or older. Proof of age and sobriety are required as per RSA regulation.

 Q: What are my delivery/shipping options?

A: Please check out our shipping policy.

Q: How do I make payment?

A: We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express or through Paypal. If you have a question about your payment please refer to your order number when you get in touch.

Q: I've ordered a digital gift certificate. When will I receive?

A: Once we reconcile your payment, you will receive your voucher via email.

Q: Can I use a gift certificate against multiple transactions?

A: Yes.

Q: I'm ordering a gift for someone. Can you supply a gift note for the wine I have ordered for them?

A: Yes. You can include a gift message when you add the item to your shopping cart in the 'special instructions' box. Please email us at if you have any trouble with this and quote your order number and we will make it all happen!

Q: I'm need to order multiple gifts! Can you help?

A: Of course. Check out our Wine Gifting page.

Q: What are your COVID-19 safety practices?

A: The safety of our staff, diners and customers is paramount. We abide by all regulations and precautions, especially during times of restrictions or lockdown. We are able to offer contactless delivery and pickup. We reserve the right to implement additional precautions as official guidelines and situations change.

Help keep everyone safe and send someone else to collect on your behalf if you are sick or at risk of infection.

Close (esc)

Subscribe

Age verification

By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.

Search

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Shop now